Skip to main content

Tips to learn any new language easily and effortlessly

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my blog “Language Learning Dude”. In this blog, we'll talk about languages. Now let that be my very very very favorite topic...I love languages... I'm passionate about languages.

I speak six almost seven and let me tell you the importance of languages I have interviewed a lot of experts abroad and the number one seriously the number one tip from every  expat anywhere in the world is learning the local language. 

The very first time my    very first move was to Spain and I    prepared and I learned some basics and I    was not fluent at all    and I said wallah hablo poca español    that was it but the importance of    language is that it will help you so    much and still a lot of people think oh    you know with English I can manage you    know the whole wide world speaks English    well no not true I was in many countries    where English was definitely not a    common language it makes your life so    much easier if you speak the local    language if you have to register you    just arrive you register with the Town    Hall you go and open a bank account you    have to deal with your landlord to do    some contracts and rental papers    utilities internet TV water electricity    all these companies seriously they don't    always talk English actually a lot of    them don't so if you speak a little bit    of the basic it will take you a long way    it will make your life so much better    and so much more enjoyable and less    stressed so the best thing you can do is    prepare the basics before you go every    country where I went with another    language    I prepared the basics and just a basic    just the things to get around know like    hi my name is how are you can I please    open this can I register here you know    the very basic vocabulary so you can    make some conversation that's why when I    teach languages to someone I always    focus on conversations don't stick to    the grammar it doesn't matter if you    make mistakes    say you know I playing you playing or    whatever it doesn't matter as long as    you can say what you want to say and    make a conversation so focus on a few    basic conversation a little bit to make    a dialogue if you can do that you will    improve once you are abroad you know    once I was abroad I talked to all of the    locals and I made many mistakes so what    you have to make mistakes to learn    something if you don't make a mistake    you will never learn if you don't speak    you cannot learn so you have to practice    practice means making mistakes doesn't    matter you know the quote I never make    the same mistake twice I make it five or    six times just to make sure I love that    quote you have to make mistakes so you    learn from them okay    so language is really important remember    not the whole wide world speaks English    if you want to learn about the people    and really get to know the people and    the culture the language will really    help you it's the number one tip from    all the experts I've ever interviewed    all over the world is learn the local    language what else you're not obligated    you're not obligated to learn it    seriously okay if you I mean there's    plenty of people out there who will    never speak the local language and you    can manage you can get by it's fine I'm    not saying it's an obligation I'm just    saying it will make your life more fun    you will get to know the culture better    you will meet new people you will really    understand the emotions behind the    people because you learn the local    language so yeah you want to make it a    real success and really enjoy them but    some effort into it and I'm not saying    you have to become fluent but at least    make it conversation a few tips to learn    a local language is what I would say    turn on a radio in the local language    open up a newspaper a magazine in the    local language you know you see the    pictures you see images and    automatically unconsciously you pick up    some words    okay so newspaper TV is a good one    just been on the news or whatever    documentary on the local news channel or    local TV maybe you don't understand much    I do that all the time    I still do it now and I just want to    rehearse a little bit of Italian or    whatever I just put on the TV on that    channel just to kind of unconsciously    you pick up words anyway okay so TV    radio music songs read a newspaper a    magazine    children's book some really really good    to learn language what else learn one    word per day you know one word per day    takes you to 365 words after a year but    make it five words per day and hey you    got a long way okay so pick post-its    everywhere I think that too you know new    words but it won't post-its on your    mirror in the kitchen on the fridge or    in the bathroom it's just unconsciously    you pick it up talk to the locals make    mistakes    once you're there breathe go to a movie    see movie you know a local movie or on    TV watch a movie with subtitles you pick    up so much and then last but not least    take a teacher you know a teacher will    really help you focus on yourself you    can find teachers online that's what I    do as well where I did at least you can    also find someone to make conversations    like exchange conversations so again    expert forums expert forums really are    helpful you know contact other experts    contact expert forms and ask questions    like hey who's willing to exchange    English for another language and spend    some time on Skype with each other it's    really really helpful with anything with    a lot of questions you know experts are    out there they've been where you are so    take use and take advantage of all of    these methods that are there so language    is very important okay good luck    

Comments